WE CAN HELP
A Commissioner for Oaths is certified to endorse affirmations and declarations– We can also take and receive affidavits or administer oaths. We provide this service in circumstances such as the below:
- Consent to Travel with a Minor/Child
- Copies for applications sent to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada*
- Vehicle Ownership Transfers
- Professional Accreditation Applications
- Passport Applications (In Lieu of Guarantor)
- Lost Passport
- Proof of Loss (Insurance Claims)
- Name Change Application/Common Law Declarations
- Delayed Birth Registration Forms
- Affidavit of Discrepancy in Name
- Application to Amend Birth Registration
- Residency Document
- Legal Documents (Affidavits, Statutory Declarations)
- Single Status Certificate
- Student Loan Applications
- Municipal Information Form (MIF) for Liquor Licence
- Affidavit Waiving Vaccinations based on Religious Grounds
The person swearing or affirming to a document must appear before the Commissioner for Oaths. Proper identification (photo ID) such as a valid driver’s license, current passport or any other government issued photo identification must be presented as well as the completed affidavit except for the signature. The signing of the affidavit must be completed in the presence of the Commissioner.
A Commissioner for Oaths cannot certify or verify documents, this means that we cannot make a photocopy of an original document and state that it is a true copy of the original (except in certain circumstances such as some applications sent to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada).
Legal Research And Drafting
AJ Murray legal Services provides legal research and drafting assistance for other legal professionals requiring assistance on any given legal topic within the scope of a paralegal. We specialize in assisting sole practitioners and small paralegal law firms get the answers they need in a timely and efficient manner.
A thorough analysis is done of the most relevant case law, legislation and commentaries to ensure you have complete understanding of the law and possible outcome within the specific scenario. The high quality research we provide can make the difference in leading to a successful outcome for you and your clients.
This cost effective service provides help for our colleagues who may be feeling overwhelmed or overworked. Our services truly saves valuable time and alleviates stress from an excessive workload.
If you are a paralegal who may be feeling overwhelmed or you are not clear on the law on a particular subject matter, please contact us. We can help. Knowledge is Power.